There are registered ozone exceedances between April and September due to the high values of solar radiation
and the high temperatures in summer. The PM10 exceedances appear too, due to human and natural circumstances.
Because of the geographical situation of Seville, it is very usual frequent episodes of particle intrusion,
proceeding from the Sahara.
Since the analysis of the emission inventory on the metropolitan area, it is possible to obtain the whole
pollutant emission, and the main activity sectors responsible for the same ones:
- NOx (14,500 t/y): road transport (50%) and Portland Cement, Lime and Gypsum manufacturing (24%)
- PM (2,100 t/y): road transport (39%), enteric fermentation and manure management (19%) and residential
- COVNM (21,500 t/y): solvent and other product use (31%), road transport (17%), organic and inorganic
chemical industries (10%) and agriculture (10%)
- CH4 (16,600 t/y): other sources and sinks (27%), solid waste disposal (20%), enteric fermentation and
manure management (13%) and agriculture (12%)
- SO2 (2,400 t/y): Non metallic minerals industries (32%), comertial and institutional plants (19%) and
maritime activities (11%)